Last updated: 01/06/2018
I (Odd Jobs Handy Man) am committed to protecting and respecting the privacy of all users of my website and services I provide and complying with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Please read this policy carefully. When requesting a quote or using my website, you are agreeing to the practices described below.
Who am I:
For the data protection laws, the data controller is Odd Jobs Handy Man., is located at 119 Sevenfields, Highworth, Swindon, SN6 7NQ
If have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me at
Information I may collect from you:
Information that you provide to me, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number and details of your household or business, any information about you or your property and any other information that you choose to provide voluntarily, when you:
• submit a booking enquiry through my website or social media channels
• correspond with me by telephone, post or email
• report an issue with my service
Information that I may collect automatically each time you visit any of our websites:
• basic demographic information and preferences (if you opted in for sharing demographic data in your Google Account; technical information, e.g. the type of device you use, network information, your operating system, the type of browser you use, etc)
• statistical data about our users’ browsing actions, interactions and navigation through our websites. Please note that this data does not identify any individual
The lawful basis for processing the information you give me and how I use it:
I collect and process this data:
• to manage your booking or respond to a booking enquiry and to arrange the performance of a service
• to carry out my obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and I
• to provide you with the information that you request from me
• to communicate with you about any comments, complaints or feedback
• to notify you about any changes to my Terms and Conditions
• to communicate any information about your booking with you
• to ensure that content on my website is presented in the most effective way for you and your computer/device
We will not send you information for the purposes of marketing.
Where we store and process your information
All information you provide to us is stored on Microsoft secure server. Our website is hosted by
Payments are processed by our selected third-party payment processing services, PayPal & Lloyds Bank. These payments are encrypted. I do not store any of your credit or debit card details in connection with your payment.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We will retain your information for 5 years and delete it after that is your account has become inactive.
Disclosure of your information
I will only share your personal information with third party service providers if it is necessary or reasonably required for any of the purposes listed below:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
• If all or substantial amount of Odd Jobs Handy Man assets are acquired by a third party. In this case, personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
• If when you are paying for the service you decide to pay by credit or debit card, we will share your payment-related information with entities we have engaged to process payments and provide similar financial services (for example fraud prevention). In any such case the service providers can process only the information solely for the purposes necessary to perform the requested service.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions or to protect the rights, property or safety of Odd Jobs handy Man., my customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
• If you do not make payments that you owe in relation to services provided to you by Odd Jobs Handy Man., in which case I may disclose your personal data to credit reference agencies and to fraud prevention agencies for the purposes of fraud prevention. I may also disclose your personal data to debt collection agencies which may use your information to trace your whereabouts and recover the debts. The information which I provide to such agencies may in turn be provided by those agencies to other organisations which may use your personal data to perform similar checks. Information recorded by fraud prevention agencies may be accessed by organisations in other jurisdictions;
• Protect clients and/or any third parties;
• If we are forced to protect our own rights, property and operations (enforcing contract performance or pursuing remedies or limiting damages we may sustain).
Odd Jobs Handy Man. complies with processing legislation to ensure that all data is processed in accordance with data protection laws and in a manner that ensures appropriate security of all personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage. I regularly review my processes to ensure that all the appropriate measures are used.
However, please note that no server, network or data transmission over the internet is 100% secure and I cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted through my website and make no assurance about our ability to prevent any such loss or misuse. By choosing to share any information with me, you are accepting this risk.
Access to your information
You have the following rights regarding your personal data:
• the right to be informed
• the right of access to the information I hold about you
• the right to rectification
• the right to erasure
• the right to restrict processing
• the right to data portability
• the right to object
• the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
I will respond to requests for access, erasure or correction of information within 30 days, free of charge. Data requested will be provided in a commonly used electronic format e.g. excel or csv file. I can refuse or charge for requests that are manifestly unfounded or excessive. If I refuse a request I will tell you why. You have the right to complain to the supervisory authority and to a judicial remedy. You must do this without undue delay and within one month.
Additionally, you can limit the personal information you share. The only way I collect personal information is when you provide it to me voluntarily. You can choose to browse the Odd Jobs Handy Man website without ever submitting personal information to me.
You have a right to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way I am handling your data.
Our website may, contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.